Thursday, June 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Yoooooouuuuu....... Can we get a giant 'WOO-HOO' for the patriarch???? Happy 78th, Dad. I talked to mom last night and she told me everything was going "swimmingly", if you will. (Except for the phone fiasco, but I'll let you tell about that one....;) ) Here's a "birthday photo" of dad. It doesn't matter that it's actually MY birthday....just notice it's "birthday" and "dad" in the same photo!!


Not much going on here. We drove to Atlanta last weekend to build a ramp for Steve's dad to use to get into and out of the house. He's back in his wheelchair full time. He was having difficulty trying to go up / down two steps with a walker to get in and out of the house. So we drove down on Friday evening and spent the day Saturday building the ramp from the kitchen doorway into the garage. He has enough room to drive his chair down the ramp and turn to get to the car without having to go outside. Steve did a GREAT job with the ramp. It took all day for him as the main work and me as the "gofer" and "balancer"..... Luckily it wasn't too hot on Saturday. Of course, if you know Steve, you know he was able to "sweat up a storm" anyway, but I was relatively comfortable for the most part.

We got home on Sunday afternoon and Steve pretty much slept through the NASCAR race and the rest of the afternoon. He deserved the snooze, though.

Last week I went shopping for the furniture we wanted to complete our family room / den. We got a new recliner, a coffee table and end table. It was delivered on Tuesday and I'm very happy with it. The room feels so much smaller now, since it's so full, but we have everything we need. My next thing to actually complete the room is deciding what to hang on the walls. At this point the house is really close to being FINISHED. We still want a new bedroom suite, but haven't found one that we both love. I'm not in a hurry because I know whatever we get we'll have for a long time to come.

I want to take a minute to welcome Bryan home. I know he's been home for over a week now, but I haven't officially said "I'm glad you're back, safe and sound, with KT and baby Maddy".... Thank you for all you do for us. We love you!!

OK, so from "not much going on" to a page full of stuff........I seem to do this often!! I hope everyone is having a great week and I'll check back in soon.

Love to all.......

4 comments:

JP2E said...

Next time you have to come down here to do a project, give me a call and I will be glad to help out.
I echo your birthday wishes for Dad and welcome to Bryan. Glad to have both of them with us.
By the way; You sing much better in print than in person...

Katie said...

Ditto to the birthday wishes!! I can't wait to see your new furniture... Why no pictures?!?! Love ya! :)

Big Jim said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I was not near a computer.
Love.

Sue said...

New furniture is so much fun to pick out. Love the photo!