When I got the call that Maddy was born, I immediately called American Airlines to change my ticket. With more than a little coercion on my part, I was able to change my ticket from Saturday to Thursday. (I don't think I should give details on this blog.....someone could be arrested....) Anyway, when I landed, Bryan was there waiting for me and we went directly to the hospital. There I met Maddy for the first time:

Once Katie and Maddy were released, we went home and waited for Chris and April to arrive. It was VERY late when they got in and I had been up since 4:00 AM to make my 7:00 AM flight, so we basically said "Welcome to Texas, Goodnight"...... all in one breath!!!
It was a really great visit. Since I had everyone there (except Steve), I decided it was a great photo opportunity. So, I made everyone go outside and we took some great family photos in front of Katie and Bryan's house.
The new family:

The proud aunt and uncle:
The group:

And, of course, Grandmom and Maddy:

Also, the new mom had a bit of a medical dilemma that she was a bit nervous about. Maddy came home from the hospital with two band-aids on her. One on her heel from her APGAR test and the other on her thigh from a Vitamin K shot. Katie was a bit nervous that she would hurt her precious baby when she tried to remove the band-aids, so she called in an expert:



Not only is he an Eagle Scout, but he's also a licensed EMT. Thanks for the help, Uncle Chris!!!
I'm not sure who cried more, Maddy or Katie!! But everything turned out JUST FINE!!!
Of course, toward the end of my trip, FINALLY, Steve came to visit. I was really happy to see him. I had been gone from home for over two weeks!! So, here are a few pics of Grandpop and Maddy:

Also, Grandpop has a new best friend ... NASH!!!

OK, I think that just about sums up our super fantastic trip to Texas. I can't wait to go back. Just last night, Steve asked me when I wanted to go back and without missing a beat I said "TOMORROW"!!!! But I know I have to wait a little while.....but not too long!!!
I'll be back to blogland soon. I have other things on my mind that I would like to share.....
Oh, BTW...... I'm going to visit mom and dad on Wednesday evening. Steve has a meeting at Chateau Elon and I'm going to drop him off and spend the night with the 'rents!!! YAY!!! It'll be a quick visit, but anyone looking for some face time with me, I'm sure I'll be available!!!
Talk to you all soon...
Love y'all!!!



Not only is he an Eagle Scout, but he's also a licensed EMT. Thanks for the help, Uncle Chris!!!
I'm not sure who cried more, Maddy or Katie!! But everything turned out JUST FINE!!!
Of course, toward the end of my trip, FINALLY, Steve came to visit. I was really happy to see him. I had been gone from home for over two weeks!! So, here are a few pics of Grandpop and Maddy:


Also, Grandpop has a new best friend ... NASH!!!

OK, I think that just about sums up our super fantastic trip to Texas. I can't wait to go back. Just last night, Steve asked me when I wanted to go back and without missing a beat I said "TOMORROW"!!!! But I know I have to wait a little while.....but not too long!!!
I'll be back to blogland soon. I have other things on my mind that I would like to share.....
Oh, BTW...... I'm going to visit mom and dad on Wednesday evening. Steve has a meeting at Chateau Elon and I'm going to drop him off and spend the night with the 'rents!!! YAY!!! It'll be a quick visit, but anyone looking for some face time with me, I'm sure I'll be available!!!
Talk to you all soon...
Love y'all!!!




7 comments:
Thanks for the updated blog. Do you mind e-mailing the pictures of Maddy and Dad to me? I don't have those! Thanks! Love ya bunches, and come back whenever you're ready!! We're ready for you!! :)
Really great blog! I really like the pix of Steve and Maddy. I can't remember him looking so happy. Looking forwrd to seeing you on Wednesday.
Love.
I bet he looked that happy when his own kids were born!
Great blog again.
Sorry I did not call you back yesterday, but I am winding up working a double. I may try to give you a call here in a few minutes. Talk to you later.
Good job Chris!
If you take those bandaids off incorrectly all the air comes out, and the baby will fly around the room until she lands on the floor all limp and floppy! LOL
Peg, that really is one cute kid. Enjoy her...
I personally have no need for a face to face at this time.
Wonderful photos of a wonderful family. Such happy faces full of joy.
What a beautiful little lady added to the group of lovely women! Congratulations to all of you!
Post a Comment