Since I saw most of you over the Thanksgiving Holiday, I know that you all had a GREAT one!! Ours was wonderfully unplanned.....
...When we began thinking about Thanksgiving, I didn't know what Steve's schedule would be, so we were going to come down on Thursday, then no, Wednesday. Then we were leaving on Thursday, then no, Friday, then "oh, what the heck", we'll leave on Saturday!! Since Chris and April were able to come and partake, we decided to stick around until Saturday to see a little of them.
Friday, for Tom's Birthday, was so wonderful. There were a couple of missing faces, but for the most part the usual suspects were gathered. It was really nice to see Kelly and her friend, Josh. They came and went, as most young busy folks do, to make an appearance at yet another gathering.
I guess one of the main things I learned this weekend is that although we all get along most of the time, we must agree to disagree on the best hamburger in the world. I understand the guys were extremely vocal about their favorites!!
I know mom and dad enjoyed having everyone there and slept with sweet smiles of satisfaction on their faces on Friday night, but I'm sure they are sleeping all the better tonight, with the peaceful quiet descending back on their lives.
So, with all that's going on in our busy, busy lives, I have decided to toss another gauntlet out there. Here's the challenge to one and all....
...Even though the "Day" is past, the "Season" is still with us and will be through the New Year. I would like everyone to share what they are Thankful for at this time in their lives. It may be one BIG thing or a "Top Ten" list, or just a couple of things that will make us say "Hmmmmmm".....
I'll take the lead and try to verbalize some of the things I'm most thankful for this year (in no particular order):
I'M THANKFUL FOR our healthy and beautiful newest addition to the family, Miss Maddy.
I'M THANKFUL FOR folks like Tom, Chris and Bryan who are so brave and caring in their careers, but say they are "Just doing my job".
I'M THANKFUL FOR all the family getting together, getting along and having a great time. (We won't mention the hamburger thing here!!)
I'M THANKFUL FOR Mom and Dad, for them raising us all to be happy, healthy, functioning adults, and for their continued good health and happiness.
I'M THANKFUL FOR everyone still having their jobs and pray that things continue on an even keel on that front.
Ok, I won't take all the "good" ones. I hope everyone tells us something they are thankful for during this wonderful season.....
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all and may you all have a joyful Christmas Season to come.....
Tonight, as I finish, I will be offering up my prayers for Bryan's safe return when his mission is complete.
Godspeed, Bryan.......
.......and THANK YOU!!!
Love to all.....
Oh my, my, my
14 years ago

5 comments:
Thanks for all the nice things about Bryan. He will certainly be missed this year, but hopefully we'll be no worse for the wear by the time he gets home!! See you VERY soon! Love ya!! :)
I won't take up the gauntlet here and now, I'll for a blog to hit me.That was a good blog and I can't wait to see the responses.
Love.
So much to be thankful for! I will put together a BLOG soon and include your challange soon. I am on call for tree lot tonight and must soon go collect the proceeds.
I want to see some of those action pix you were shooting while we were all laughing and hooting at mom and dads house. Post some soon...
Will do, Jim. I didn't download them from my camera yet and I wanted to get my blog out. Next time I'll add some of the fun photos.
Thanks for the comment!!
It is good to remind us that to be grateful for all that we have is so important. It does change out attitude when we remember to show our thanks to Heavenly Father and to each other. It lifts our spirits as nothing else can do.
Post a Comment