Sunday, February 15, 2009

My White Knight....


...Has come to my rescue once again!! Here's the scoop:


On Friday, Steve and I decided to go out to dinner for Valentine's Day (to beat the rush on Saturday...ha ha ha). I asked for Macaroni Grill, to which he agreed. (They have my favorite meal of all times there. I'll report more on that at a later time.)


Anyway, after dinner, we walked to the CVS next door to get some cough drops for Steve. He's been fighting a major cold all week. After that quick stop, he said he wanted to go to the Staples store that was also in the shopping center. Steve had never been to this particular shopping center before and he wanted to look around some.


So, we went into Staples to get a couple of refills for his "good" pen that he uses at work. Liberty gave him this really nice pen for his 25th anniversary with the company and now he has to supply the super expensive refills. We found the refills and then went to do some "window shopping" in the computer department.


Long story short, we came out of Staples with a really great new laptop for yours truly!!! I was so surprised. We had talked about it and decided to wait for a bit, but this one was "last year's model" and on clearance. The price was so unbelievable, that the Store Manager who had to approve the "large" transaction actually said "I didn't know we had THESE at THIS PRICE!! I better go get one for myself before they're all gone!!"


Since I got the new machine on Friday, I've been working at setting it up and getting it just the way I want it. I discovered that I had many more photos backed up than I originally thought. One good thing that I found was we had a flash drive with about 200 photos on it that I didn't realize we had. I'm slowly getting things back to where I wanted them.


The one big thing I've lost is my recipe program. I may be contacting some folks in the next couple of weeks if I've ever gotten a recipe from you in the past. ;) The program I had been using won't work on the new computer, so I've decided to just make my own "program" using MS Word. Of course, I've already created my first "Restore Point" as soon as I got everything just the way I wanted it.


So, thanks, Steve for this great gift. I really love it. I'm sure you'll all see it when I come to Atlanta next time.....I never leave home without it!!! LOL


Hope everyone had a very happy Valentine's Day. We went out to lunch at the local Chinese Buffet, so we didn't bother with dinner. We also worked some more on the deck and then just vegged for the rest of the day!!
One more little tidbit to pass along. Steve celebrated his 30th anniversary with Liberty Mutual this week. The folks in his office and on up the line were very nice to him, with gifts and presentations at the office. Neither of us can believe he's been with the same company for so long....... We're not that old!!!!!! LOL

Talk to you all again real soon.....


Love to all.....

6 comments:

JP2E said...

Great gift!! You will have the new laptop in shape quickly, I'm sure.
Congrats to Steve. When I hit 25 years the company gave me a nice pen/pencil set as well. I use mine for special occasions only. hope your e-mail returns as well...

Big Jim said...

Tell Steve when I was with T>A 25 years they gave me an empty watch case. They had been giving me the works for 25 years.
Can't wait to see your new laptop. I am considering one myself.
Love.

Bill T said...

A lap top is the only way to go. So many places have free wifi anymore. After 15 years at Houghton I got a key ring. What the hell does that mean?

Katie said...

That Steve guy sure is nice!! Congrats on the new laptop, and let me know if you need any of my archives. I've learned from your mistake, and we're getting ready to start backing our stuff up!! Love ya!! :)

CShore said...

They gave our guys that had been in the dept. 20 years a little green glass award. PD on the other hand gave their 30 year guys matching custom Henry Rifles and all kinds of cool stuff. Go figure =P

Glad you got the computer situation worked out. Let us know what kind of computer you got, huh?

Sue said...

I am so happy that you have a new laptop. I love my PC but I want a laptop, too.