Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Surgical Update...

Just a quick note to let everyone know I spoke with Bryan and Katie a few minutes ago.

The surgery went very well. Katie had an extremely low dose of anesthesia and the doctor told her that as soon as she was awake it would be out of her system and she could nurse the baby immediately. He also told her that she shouldn't have much pain and he suggested she simply take Tylenol. Again, this is so she can continue to nurse Maddy.

The tear to her miniscus was called a "bucket handle tear", which is pretty self explanitory. He also told her that the tear was pretty ragged and wasn't something he could repair, so he simply removed the cartledge and sent her on her way. Of course, her leg was still numb from the local when I spoke to her, so I hope when that wears off she's still feeling as good.

I'll let you know if I get any other news, but more than likely, you'll get a report directly from the patient in short order.

Talk to everyone soon.

Love ya!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for posting the info!! Love ya!! :)

CShore said...

Thanks for the call earlier, sorry I missed it. I am feeling a little puny today and wasn't up to taking it (I'm feeling better now though).

Big Jim said...

Good news, thanks.
Love.