We all say “I haven’t blogged because I have nothing to blog about”, *OR* “I haven’t blogged because I’ve been so busy…”. Well, folks, here’s the truth:
I haven’t blogged because I’ve been too lazy!!!! Them’s the facts, folks!!
So, here’s what’s been going on with the South Carolina contingent of the family:
Early in May we went to Texas for a visit. We had a really great time. Katie already blogged about the trip here, so I’ll just give you a few of the highlights from my perspective:
We had so much fun playing with Maddy and (literally) watching a new tooth show up in her mouth EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! ;)
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Buffalo Gap Historic Site. Thank goodness Katie shared some photos from that trip because I forgot my camera!! (What sort of grandparent am I????)
For some reason, Steve decided we couldn't make a trip to Texas without coming home with some real, authentic cowboy boots, so we each got a pair. I've always heard that cowboy boots are some of the most comfortable footwear you can have. I must agree with that assessment. Here's a view of what we bought:
Steve's Boots:
Pretty snazzy, huh??? Now we'll have to learn how to do the "Boot Scoot Boogie"!!! LOL
Also, while we were in Texas we celebrated a wonderful Mother's Day. Steve and Bryan took care of all the meals for the day and Katie and I ate like QUEENS!! It was really nice.
I got a great gift from Katie, Bryan and Maddy. It was something I asked them for and then promptly forgot I did, so it was a GREAT surprise as well! They gave me copies of some photos Bryan took of the Nashville skyline. I took some similar photos and lost them on my old computer before I had the chance to print and frame them. Of course, Bryan is a much better photographer than I am, so I was thrilled that he chose to share his pictures with me!! I'm going to hang them in the room off the den in our downstairs. I've already dubbed this "The Nashville Room". (I sure hope we don't get transferred too many more times. I'm running out of rooms to decorate after cities we've lived in!!! Ha Ha Ha)
We were home less than a week when we took a trip to Nashville to visit Chris and April. The real reason for our visit was to celebrate Chris's birthday. It was a very nice, quiet and laid back visit. We went out to eat too many times and Chris and April kept us very well fed while we were there. Since we were only there for the weekend I didn't get to visit with my friends at the City of Brentwood, but we did meet up with our dear friend, Danny, for dinner on Saturday evening.
Since we got home from Nashville I've made two more trips to Landsford Canal State Park to try and get pictures of the Rocky Shoals Spider Lilies in bloom. The first time I went the flowers were in full bloom, but it was so windy that they were all facing away from the shore and I couldn't get a good "full face" photo. The second time I went, it was almost too late. So, I've resorted to the internet and "borrowed" a copy of a really great photo of one of these georgous blooms. They really are quite beautiful:

This past Saturday we took a long and scenic drive to Mocksville, NC. This town is in the Yadkin Valley of North Carolina. The Yadkin Valley is known for its great wines. We went to an open house at the RayLen winery. It was a beautiful day in a beautiful location with live music and lots of fun. The drive was about 2 1/2 hours each way, but we put the top down on my car and just enjoyed a really fantastic day.
On Sunday we took a little ride on the motorcycle. We rode to the State Park I mentioned above and took some photos, then headed back home. As I said before, I wasn't able to get any good pictures of the flowers, but I got a couple of good ones of some wildlife:
A Blue Heron
A great big turtle sunning himself on a rock!!
I also saw something quite interesting on my nature walk. After I took photos of the flowers, I was going back down the trail toward the parking lot to go home. I heard someone approaching me from the rear and he quickly overtook me and continued on ahead. I can't believe I was clear-headed enough to snap his photo. So many thoughts were going through my head when I saw him, but most of all, "Now where did I park my kayak???"
He had absolutely everything he needed to go kayaking (the shoes, the paddle, the boat skirt) EXCEPT THE BOAT!!!!!! I was quite amused by this scene.
I guess I'll leave you with that thought (Where's the boat???).....
I hope to overcome my laziness and blog more often, but I'm making no promises.
Mom and Dad, have a great trip to Helen!! Give the Aunts a big hug and a kiss for me.
Everyone else, I'll see you all this weekend at Jessica's graduation party!!!!
Love to all......



6 comments:
For being lazy, you sure get around. Trip after trip. Sorry we won't see you this weekend, Give Jessa a hug for us. Sort of kike trading hugs. We will be in Helen all week if anyone wants to visit.
Love.
Glad you found some motivation!! I hope you don't lose it... We all love hearing from you and seeing pictures of what you've been up to!! Love ya! :)
Good BLOG! The pix are great, too. If you think about it the answer to the kayaker is simple. He overtook you with all that gear because he is trying to head off the kayak that got loose while he was getting outfitted to paddle!! hahaha!!
He probably realized the boat was missing half-way through the suitup process and had to run after the thing...
Well you deserved some lazy time after all that travel for sure. We had a great visit and hope you come back soon. Your pictures turned out great!
One time I was sitting in traffic on an off ramp, and this guy was walking down the ramp on to the freeway. He was dressed in nice whitr tennis shorts and an Izod shirt. He was carring a motor cycle helmit and a water mellon. I put down my window and said "I have to ask?" He just looked at me and said "makes you wonder, don't it?"
It is always good to catch up on the news with you. Lots of fun everytime. Love the boots!
Post a Comment