...don't always mean anything!! As I said in a previous blog, I really didn't want to drive myself to the airport. So much so that I was willing to spend an extra 3 hours waiting to leave Charlotte by riding with Steve to the airport. Well, that plan was trashed last Tuesday. Steve called me to say that his Wednesday afternoon meeting had been changed to Wednesday morning and he had to leave Charlotte on Tuesday evening. After careful consideration I decided I really didn't want to spend the night at the airport. I guess the drive just wasn't THAT scary to me. So, I got up early Wednesday morning and drove myself to the airport and made it safely to Abilene.
I had a great visit with Bryan and Katie until Bryan had to leave for his business trip on Friday morning. Of course, he was "replaced" by his mom on Friday afternoon. We three girls had a great weekend together. Also, throw into the mix, Katie's friends, Jessica and Breezy and a good time was had by all!!! Friday evening, Katie, Jenny and I had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. Then on Saturday we had the "main event" which was the baby shower. Jessica and Breezy did a great job . I saw several of Katie's friends that I had met before when I visited and met a few that I had not met before. It was a great afternoon of food, fun and lots of gifts for the baby.
After the shower we came home and organized the gifts that Maddy got at the shower. We had a frozen lasagna for dinner, then Breezy came over and we all watched "27 Dresses". It was a great "Girls Night In".
This morning we got up early to take Jenny to the airport. Later, Katie and I went out to breakfast then came home and worked on the nursery. On Friday afternoon we got the crib mattress and mattress pad, so today we washed all the linens and made up the bed. Then we washed lots of clothes and folded, hung and organized by size. They have lots of really nice things for Maddy. There are still a few things they need, but probably not right away.
Steve made it home safely from Boston on Friday and picked Dixie up at the kennel on Saturday morning. They were doing well "batching it" when I spoke to Steve this afternoon.
I guess that's about it for this installment. I'll be heading home on Tuesday and then Mom and Dad will be at our house on Wednesday on their way home from Philly. I can't wait to see them and catch up on all the excitement of family and friends from up North.
Talk to you all soon.
Love ya!!!
Oh my, my, my
14 years ago

2 comments:
I'm so glad you're here to visit!! Too bad you'll have to go home soon. The good news about that is that you will be back to visit again in just a few weeks!! :) Love ya!!
I know how important this time is for all of you. Victoria was way out west when Rachel was born, and it was really tough for us. We visited as often as possible, even there when she was born, but you still miss them.
Glad you are able to enjoy the visit. Talk to you when you get back...
Post a Comment