Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another Great Weekend!!

Even though I don't work "outside the home", I still look forward to the weekends for a change in routine. Steve is always home for the weekends and we can usually find something different to do. This weekend was certainly a change of pace...and a really GOOD one!!!

I think before I begin about my weekend, I'll recap my last week or so.......

On Wednesday, the 20th, I went to Texas to visit Katie and Bryan. I had a great time and we got lots of things done for the nursery. Then, I flew home on Tuesday, the 27th. When I got home Steve offered to take me out to dinner because I was really tired from the trip. That was very nice!! Then on Wednesday, Mom and Dad came and spent the night. We had a really great visit, even if it short and quick...

I spent Thursday and Friday getting the house clean and back together, buying groceries and getting ready for our weekend guests. Jerry and Susan Ryan were coming down from Raleigh for the long holiday weekend. I had everything ready by Friday evening when "the phone call" came. Jerry had an accident on Friday while working in his yard. He thought he broke his ankle and was headed to the ER. We would get a call in the AM to let us know if they could come or not. Of course this changed all of our weekend plans. On Saturday morning Jerry called again to say that they decided to "wait it out" over night and see how he felt in the morning. So Saturday morning they finally took the trip to the ER. He did not break his ankle, and I'm not really sure what the clinical diagnosis was, but they gave him a walking cast and said to take Tylenol as needed. Jerry and Susan decided to try and make the trip with the cast. We had planned to spend some time in Matthews, NC for their annual festival, but the walking was now out of the question. With the delay in leaving Raleigh, they arrived just in time for Steve to fire up the grill and get dinner started. Needless to say, Saturday evening was spent "sitting around". We did, however, drag out Triominos and a couple of decks of cards. We played cards into the night and had a great time "just hanging out".

On Sunday morning we got up and headed to church. Jerry had an extremely difficult time staying awake and we later learned that he was in a lot of pain when he woke up and accidentally took some Tylenol PM instead of the regular Tylenol. Needless to say, we didn't get much done on Sunday either. We did go for a ride and show them around Lancaster. We then headed to Fort Mill to see the PTL compound, but we never found it. It's really OK because Jerry fell asleep again, anyway!! We stopped for a late lunch at Steve's favorite diner and headed back home. The rest of Sunday was very quiet, mostly spent watching reports of Gustov on TV while Jerry snoozed.

They got up and we had breakfast on Monday and then they left. Hopefully next time they come we will find something more "fun" to do. Of course that will depend on Jerry......LOL

Steve left for a business trip on Monday afternoon and I just "vegged" in front of the TV for the rest of the day. I was worn out and needed the rest.

Today will be cleaning up the house, doing laundry and running a few errands. Steve will be home tonight, but is headed back out on Thursday. He's supposed to fly to Orlando on business for an overnight on Thursday. We'll see if "Hanna" will allow him to do this. The storms are really rough this year......or maybe I'm just more in tune because we're so much closer to the coast this year!?!?!?!? Anyway, Hanna is expected to make landfall in Charleston and that's not very far from our home (a couple of hours). Hopefully we'll get some rain and relieve some of our drought conditions. Of course, we got some of the remnants of "Fay" and all that did was cause major flooding all around us!! We'll just have to wait and see what happens this week.

I hope everyone had a great and lovely weekend and Labor Day. Love to all......

5 comments:

Bill T said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Hope Jerry feels better.

Katie said...

I'm glad you got to see the Ryan family parental units!! Sounds like you had a really nice visit! Although, you left out your encounter with Kermit!! ;)

Big Jim said...

You are getting all the lively visitors. First your mother & I, then a sleepy Jerry Ryan. you have all the fun.
Love.

JP2E said...

Sounds like your visitor suffered a fracture. They are a bit more painful for some reason, but they are not as bad as a break; Supposedly.
At least you had some time to relax since he was so snoozy. I guess it's true; If someone is a really good freind they are content just being there and don't have to be "entertained".
I hope Hannah strands Steve at home with you. I know HE would be OK with that...

Sue said...

I hope yall stay safe from all the hurricane present and future. You have a busy and fun life with lots of friends and family traveling though. Live is good.