Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dents......

I've been forming this blog in my mind since about the first of January. Now I know the ending, so I'm ready to post it.....

So far 2009 has been full of DENTS for me:

Around the first of the year I found a mysterious DENT in my car...


...I don't know how my car got this dent, I just know it appeared out of nowhere one day. Everyone knows how much I love my little green car. This first DENT made me very sad, but I didn't realize it was going to be a trend.....


Shortly after my very sad CAR DENT, I got a DENT in my wall!!! Now, I know EXACTLY how I got this dent. Try mixing a very quick 30-pound dog being chased by a large lumbering 110-pound dog whose spacial judgment has yet to be developed......

This is where Nash's knee took the corner too close, but don't worry, he wasn't injured. He didn't miss a step!! Shortly after this DENT there was a caveat of NO MORE RUNNING IN THE HOUSE!!!!!


My next "dent" was a DENT in my BRAIN which came from a mind-numbing 1222-mile, 19-hour drive across the country with above mentioned LARGE LUMBERING PUPPY and my nearly perfect granddaughter (who has a phenominal internal clock that directs her to begin non-stop screaming precisely 2 hours before arrival at our destination!!!).......


......but we made it unscathed to Texas!


What I thought would be my LAST DENT for January came on the 26th. It was a great big DENT on my HEART when I had to wave goodbye to my girls in Abilene. That was a very hard thing for me to do.....



.....I miss them both terribly. I hope we can get together again real soon. I don't want Maddy to forget who her Grandmom is!!!!


Now this was originally to be the end of my post, but alas, there is another DENT....

A GREAT BIG DENT left by a young woman taken away from us all too early. I know time heals all wounds....

My CAR DENT will be fixed soon.

The sheetrock man will be here next Thursday to fix the WALL DENT.

I can fix the BRAIN DENT by not driving half-way across the country again (unless my girls need a co-pilot again, of course).

My HEART DENT will be healed as soon as I get the chance to get my eager hands on Maddy again (and you too, Katie;)).....

BUT..... It will be a long, long time before the GREAT BIG DENT left by Kathleen will be healed. I keep thinking of her singing so beautifully at Katie's wedding and I found this photo of her and Mary at the reception...


KATHLEEN, you will be greatly missed!!


Love to all....


Come home soon, Bryan!!

8 comments:

JP2E said...

We can fix "things", but nothing can repair the kind of "dent" you describe. Amen to your beautiful thought...

Mike 2e said...

Good blog. New like that puts everything else in perspective. Thanks for writing something about Kathleen. I still can't do it.

Katie said...

We miss you, too, and can't wait to see you again! I've been trying to come up with the words I want to say about Kathleen, but I can't. Thank you for mentioning her! She certainly will be missed! Love you!

P.S. Sorry about your wall! :(

Katie said...

From Nash:

::WHIMPER WHINE BARK::

Translation: I'm very sorry! :(

Big Jim said...

Great blog. Sorry your pet got a dent and Katie's pet made a dent.I'm sure Thelma &Louise will be reunited.
The part about Kathleen was right om target, I still can't stop crying.
see you soon.
Love/

Sue said...

Thank you for writing about Kathleen. I have cried and cried and even now as I write this note I am still crying. Kathleen was so very sweet and precious to all of us. You put it so eloquently, we now have a dent in our heart but we definitely have beautiful memories of wonderful Kathleen.

CShore said...

When you told me about the dent in your car the first time, you described it as a ding and I thought you meant like a door ding. That is much much worse! Someone backed into you and drove off! I'm sorry that happened!

The rest of your blog was great as well, even the sad parts. You did a great job of expressing yourself on that part. Thanks for sharing. I love you mom.

Kelly2eVega said...

Your blog was well worded and kind. Thank you!