Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year One and All!!

I hope everyone is having a very Happy New Year so far. I know we are, here in South Carolina!!

We are so thrilled to have Katie and Maddy here with us, but I remember why God gives babies to young folks. They have more energy for them!! We are thoroughly enjoying each gurgle and smile we are blessed with from Maddy. She is changing every single day, and we are in awe every day with the miracle of a growing baby.

Also this weekend Bill and Debbie came up for a visit. The main reason for their visit was so Bill could help Steve get a start on our new deck (with central fire pit!) in the back yard. They did a great job and completed all of the framing of the deck. That was more than Steve expected to get done in a single weekend, especially with only the two of them working!! Now, Steve will install the decking boards at his leisure. The only criteria for completion is that we can use the deck next spring when the weather gets nice. I know he'll be through in plenty of time. The quote of the weekend was at the end of the project, when Bill proclaimed the job to be.......

"Not bad for a couple of fat white guys who don't do that for a living!!"

Here are a few pictures of the project I took while the guys were working:





And this is what I did while Steve and Bill toiled away in the yard:



What a GREAT way to start a new year!!! I hope to have many, many more moments like this. Life truly is GRAND!!!!!

Love to all......

5 comments:

Bill T said...

We will back in the spring to try it out.

CShore said...

Dang, that's a pretty serious deck! Sorry I couldn't make it up. Looks like they didn't need me though!

Katie said...

We're having a great time, too!! Thanks for all your help with Maddy!! Love ya!! :)

towheyj@bellsouth.net said...

Boy, that deck really looks great. Can't wait to see the completed work. Congratulations to the 2 carpenters.
Glad you are enjoying your time with Katie & Maddy. Treasure it, they grow up all too soon.
I need help, I've lost my google reader setup.
Love.

JP2E said...

What workmanship!! Are Bill and Steve speaking spanish yet? Remind Steve to leave a drain in the base for cleaning and insect control...