Steve had to leave for a meeting in Birmingham on Sunday. He left before the storm actually hit here. Of course, the tornadoes and snow had already arrived in Birmingham. His trip was longer than anticiapted, due to the weather. He was due home Monday evening. He called me from the Birmingham Airport and told me he was on an earlier flight, which was "good news".....but when he called, he said he had a confirmed seat on the 1:00 flight which was scheduled to leave around 4:30 at this point.... That was sort of funny.... But, anyway, his original flight was scheduled to arrive back in Charlotte at 7:15 pm. Luckily, he got on the earlier flight, so he landed at 7:30 pm!!! If he hadn't been able to get on the earlier flight, he might not have made it home last night AT ALL!!!
Anyway, I spent Sunday afternoon watching the snow fall as I sat in the recliner catching up on old movies and popcorn. It was a lovely day.... I didn't have to go anywhere and I took full advantage of it!!!
We still haven't gotten above freezing yet. There are small patches of snow in the shady areas, including the new and the old decks. It's currently 30-degrees, but again, I don't have anywhere to go and I've got the crock pot filled with chili for tonight's dinner.
Kelly made a really good decision to postpone her trip. I can't wait to see her later this week, but not driving last Sunday was a smart move!! I'm sure you all heard about the huge tie-up on I-85 over here. People sat for 12 hours overnight Sunday night waiting for wrecks to be cleared up and black ice to melt...... I think they're still waiting for the black ice to go away in some areas.
Anyway, as promised at the beginning, here are some of my snow photos:
I hope everyone keeps warm and safe, and I trust that Spring is just around the corner. One final thought in this record-setting winter storm..... Don't you just HATE this Global Warming thing???? LOL
Be safe...
Love ya!!

5 comments:
Winter storm??? We hit a record high last week for the history of Abilene in February, and we're supposed to hit 77 degrees today with a possible high of 90 by the end of the week... No winter storm here. LoL. Glad you are making it through okay, though!! Love ya!! :)
Sunday afternoon and night were pretty bad, but we also did nothing. I was tempted to make French Toast since we already had milk & eggs.
Monday was slick, but again we went nowhere.
Today is beautiful and starting to warm up.
Love.
It is not global warming, it's a weather "stimulus package"!!!!!
I took na bunch of pix myself and plan to post a bunch real soon. Sue and I are laughing at the fact that we also spent sunday on the couch with old movies and no plans to move. Your right; IT WAS WONDERFUL...
Love the photos. It was fun making photos in the snow. Jim will post them soon. Maybe we will use one for our Christmas card next year.
I didn't get to see the snow at our house, I stayed at the fire station that night. It was all wrapped up in part of my back and forth adventure. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment